Search This Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

20th September Launch of an Era


I always had that never ending desire to RE-INVENT myself. The SEARCH still continues....as i feel i was always made for something BIG. I was lucky to get a one in a million chance to shift to Marketing@23....not every one gets that chance. When i started my career i had made up my mind to give Technology a shot...and shifting to marketing came as a suprise to many.

I accepted my new role and domain....i now own BFSI for the india atleast that is what i think. I stayed docile for 4 weeks during this tenure did things like create a Brochure for BFSI AND study the domain. I actually visited banks,insurance companies and did things i felt would help me CRACK the market.

September 20th was decided i would venture to Mumbai for my first set of client meetings..@ that point i had a million thoughts on what lies ahead.



Anyways i caught the Air Sahara flight to Mumbai @ 8:45pm we landed in Mumbai at 10:20pm and straight we drove to Sun 'N' Sands where i would camp and prepare for my hunt for the next 2 days.Accompanying me was my boss and fellow colleague from THBS.


SUN 'N' SANDS
21st September,Thursday i had my first client meeting with a prominent and huge insurance player. My boss left for a conference to Bandra in Mumbai and i headed to Prabhadevi.

10AM was my appointment with a big shot from the industry and it had to go well else i would be in trouble...but Never Fear Mark is here and a good presentation and preparation always helps.

My next meeting was with a stock broking giant that was present from the time BSE exisited in India and i needed a boost to sell, my luck was still on and i managed to convince them that we are the BEST VENDOR to work with....i am hoping for something big to work out from this meeting and it will i am sure.

Next was a goverment bank that just invested some hundred crores for software and they seemed interested and come years i would work to convert them into a client.

My next meeting was with yet another stock broking giant and the man i would meet had knowledge far beyond my expectations and a heated discussion was expected...in the end i won and we would be working soon on something exciting.

Next we went for a celebration....man this was needed u need to celebrate success. So we took a TAXI to marine drive and walked and walked it was awesome and then we caught a train to Santacruz and back to hotel.



Next day my manager left for Bangalore and i was left to meet a goverment bank that needed a system and had a tender and i had a short time to prepare for this visit...and i did a good job they were convinced and i met them and we submitted a proposal later.

I spent time understanding Banking and then left for Bangalore...i made a promise that i would return to conquer more of BFSI and Mumbai.

No comments: