Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The making of an ENGINEER.


IT
FEELS GREAT TO HAVE FINAee..ee


BECOME
AN ENGINEER.



My mind drifts back 4 years when i just finished CET and made the choice of joining a BRAND new college.

I was all the more worried as becoming an engineer was something i never imagined possible. But then my parents had the belief that i had the tools to become an outstanding ENGINEER.

The first 2 semesters were HELL. I had horrible teachers that taught chemistry etc and even more horrible subjects like workshop, graphics. But i guess this is why people hate it. Moving to the 3 rd semester saw me work harder and better. I learnt how to score marks and achieve outstanding results. From the 3rd semester onwards i managed to achieve the 80% dream into a reality.

Later in the semester i was hit by a very fine surprise called Mr Janakiram. A techie from Microsoft. He would dawn on my campus for the purpose of recruiting soldiers to carry and spread the DOTNET mission. When my classmates and teachers selected me i was overjoyed. On a sunday morning my dad droped me at BMS College of engineering for the very first meet together. There i met many students like myself who must have been wondering what going on. We were introduced to the objectives and promised rewards for our work. Today when i look back it has been 3 years and i am graduating. It feels funny to leave back so many things.

6th Semester i never wanted to work as a software engineer but time and destiny has it's way i got selected by Torry Harris a e-distributed computing company having operations all over the world. I ditched my MBA desires and decided to work. It is July now and i am hoping to start work early August.


<><>



















No comments: